Proxy Preview 2015 covers the record-breaking 433 social and environmental shareholder resolutions filed so far this proxy season, with political spending and climate change driving the majority of the activity. The report provides analysis and expert insight to help you navigate the issues and successfully vote your shares.
Shareholder demand for more transparency of corporate political spending account for almost a quarter of the resolutions filed. Proposals related to climate change and other environmental sustainability issues account for about another 40%. Human rights and diversity in the workplace make up much of the rest.
Download your copy of Proxy Preview 2015 for:
- A summary of the record-breaking 433 resolutions filed so far this year and re-cap of the 2014 proxy season
- In-depth analysis of the resolutions by co-author Heidi Welsh (Sustainable Investments Institute)
- Background and resources on shareholder proposals and advocacy by co-author Michael Passoff (Proxy Impact)
- A user-friendly index of all companies facing social and environmental proposals this season
- Insights on key proposals and proxy voting from Nell Minow (Co-Founder of GMI Ratings and former President at Institutional Shareholder Services), Jon M. Jensen (Executive Director of the Park Foundation), As You Sow, Ceres, the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility, Center for Political Accountability, Office of the New York State Comptroller, Trillium Asset Management, Calvert Investments, AFSCME, and more
This report would not be possible without the generous support of our sponsors:
Get Alerts on Key Upcoming Votes
If you own shares in a company, you have a voice. Shareholder advocacy leverages the power of stock ownership to promote social change. In the past 30 years, thousands of resolutions filed with companies by shareholder advocates have broken new ground in fostering more progressive corporate policies. And with over 400 resolutions filed this year, shareholder activism has never been more popular.
As the proxy season develops, Proxy Preview will be sending out updates on some of the biggest companies that have received social or environmental shareholder proposals in 2015. Stay tuned to #ProxyPreview on Twitter for advance reminders of company annual meeting dates. Read our blog for detailed wrap-ups of the proposals filed at the company. Download Proxy Preview 2015 and use our resources to learn how to vote your proxy and make sure your voice is heard.
Shareholder activism isn’t just for pension funds and billionaires. If you own shares, it’s simple to vote your proxy via mail, internet, or phone. You can vote on the issues you care about. Proxy Season Updates will make sure you get the chance to have the companies you own hear your voice.
For press inquiries, contact Andrew Montes, Communications Manager of As You Sow at amontes*asyousow.org.
Learn more about the authors of Proxy Preview 2015.
Proxy Preview is a collaboration between three organizations seeking to help investors align their values with their investments.
A list of recent reports about shareholder proposal issues, organizations, and investor campaigns engaged in this year’s proposals or which support shareholder advocacy.
Meet the people that contributed to Proxy Preview 2015.
All resolutions must conform to the Shareholder Proposal Rule of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, which sets procedural as well as substantive standards for admissibility.